Saturday, January 17, 2009

Argh! Pirates!

Everything went fine on Friday. I was home taking a nap by 10:00 that morning, and I have felt fine for the most part. Thanks for praying for me! I must tell you though, that my kids have the most amazing, most incredible, daddy in the entire world....and I get to be his wife! I never cease to be amazed with the fun things he comes up with to entertain the kids...especially when he knows I could use a break. One of his most recent activities had us ALL searching for the pirate loot, walking the plank, and yelling, "Ahoy, Matey!" Let me tell you, this mama can't think of anything cuter than Grayson marching around with a bandana on his head, an eye patch, and a hook hand, wrinkling his brow and saying, "Argh!" Presley knows all the pirate lingo and makes sure we know that the pirate's booty is not really a bad word. Our latest treasure hunt had us searching the house for hidden pieces of the treasure map that had to be taped together and led us to where X marked the spot. We enjoyed a treasure full of Skittles....good times. Beware--My pirate family is looking pretty scary in these pictures!

4 comments:

Fortner Family said...

That is way to cute. Did you know that on Facebook you can change your language to Pirate talk. Check it out it's really fun!!

Unknown said...

FUN! We may have to do this!! Not sure we have the right outfits though.... and no swords :(

Anonymous said...

Hey Archers!! I found your blog through Jenn's, it sounds like you guys are doing great! Kelli I am so glad your surgery went well...

Love you guys!
Darby

Jamie said...

Wow - LOVE this! Jim is so creative! I'm glad you're feeling better. Keep us updated. :)