Sunday, April 12, 2009

April 13, 2006

Has it really been three years since my baby boy was born?? Grayson will turn three years old tomorrow! This time three years ago I was anxiously awaiting the first time I would see my son's face and hold him in my arms. I was enjoying the last few hours of feeling him move in my tummy and cherishing those last moments as a family of three before Presley would be so blessed with a baby brother. Wow....it seems just like yesterday. Three years later, I have a beautiful brown eyed boy who melts my heart and fills my life with incredible joy. This boy of mine is something else....always ready to go and full of energy, but always willing to crawl up in my lap and cuddle. Grayson has the reputation with teachers and family as being "very witty." I am constantly asked by those who know him if I write down all the funny things he says, and if I don't I definitely should! Grayson loves to be the hero, rescuing his big sister from the "bad guys." He loves to play with his "good guys", race Hotwheels, watch Dora, drink chocolate milk, and play baseball. He loves G-Dad's motorcycles, Mimi's house, Daddy's guitars, and Momma's kisses. (Well, maybe not LOVES the last one, but he is kind enough to put up with LOTS of kisses!) He sings a mean rendition of 5 Little Monkies Jumpin' on the Bed and can easily entertain a roomful of people with his funny expressions and conversations.
The third birthday is bittersweet for me....I am so blessed to watch this little boy turning into a big boy right before my eyes. He is becoming so independent and I look forward to all the neat things he will be able to do as he gets bigger. On the flip side, the third birthday is a farewell to the baby stage. He really is a big kid now. He rarely needs me to carry him anymore, he no longer needs me to change his diaper, he goes to the potty pretty much on his own, he gets his own goodnight drinks, he cleans up his room, he expresses his opinions (although not always appropriately) and so on and so on. Where did my baby boy go?
I thank God for this handsome, healthy boy He introduced me to three years ago. I thank God for Grayson's wonderful personality and witty sense of humor. I thank God that I can come home each day to a welcoming shout of "MOMMY!" a toothy grin, and hugs and kisses from my little man. I pray that he will love God with all his heart and that his desire will be to follow Christ. I pray that he would grow into a man of God and that he will be a Godly leader. I pray that as his parents, we will be good examples to him and point him toward Christ.

Grayson Jack Archer--8 lbs. 13 oz. 12:15 on April 13, 2006

Grayson's 1st Birthday

Grayson--2 years old

Grayson--3 Years Old

Happy Birthday, Grayson! We love you!

8 comments:

Kim Jones said...

Tell Grayson we said "Happy Birthday!"
Love,
Kim, Austin & Ainsley

Misti said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Grayson! Kelli, I am right there with you as Samuel is turning 3 just a few days after Grayson! We are SO blessed to have such precious little boys! Have a fun b-day! Love ya!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Grayson!!! Kelli, you are so good at putting your thoughts into words!! I get teary-eyed every time I read your blog!! LOVE IT!!

Matt and Rebekah said...

We are just as blessed to have Grayson as such a close friend to McClendon. It's been an eventful three years and we can't wait to share many more!

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday, Grayson! :) Have a great day!

Kim Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marilyn and Joe said...

Happy birthday, Grayson! I remember the day you were born and you were just as cute as you are today. We love you and love it when we get to spend some time with you. Easter Sunday was lots of fun, and you kept us laughing. Love ya!

ashley said...

happy birthday! what a sweet boy. It just goes by too quickly, doesn't it?