Saturday, March 28, 2009

Conversations

One beautiful afternoon last week......
Grayson and I are walking towards the park playground equipment. He sweetly grabs my hand and says, "Mommy, I love you. Will you hold my hand so the wind won't blow me away?"

Thursday afternoon......
Grayson pooped on the potty (YES!!!), and he looked at me and said, "I pooped just for my daddy. He gonna be so proud of me!"

Friday morning...
Presley: (looking outside at the snow): Mom, I know how the weatherman knows what the weather is going to be.
Me: (expecting a scientific answer): Really, how?
Presley: When they go to sleep at night, God whispers it in their ear and tells them. You know how I know? God whispers in my ear, too. I can't see him though because he always stands behind me when he says something, but that's how I know it's him.

This morning......
Jim overheard this conversation between Presley and Grayson. They were laying in the living room floor watching cartoons.
G: Ew, sister, your feets stinky.
P: Hmmmm, let me smell them. Yep, they are. I bet your feet are stinky too. Let me smell your feet.
(She takes a big whif)
P: Grayson, your feet smell like pancakes.
G: Yeah, and your feets smell like sausage.

7 comments:

cecil.mcdonald@yahoo.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer-Colley said...

those are so hilarious. you could prob start a weekly blog update called "conversations"

Matt and Rebekah said...

What a sweet thing for Presley to say. Wouldn't you just love to be able to listen so intently to God on a daily basis?

On another note, I bet Jim was sooo glad the Grayson pooped just for him. What a sweet gift! And Jim....so deserving. LOL

BTW, we were watching an Elvis movie yesterday after we picked up McClendon and as soon as McClendon saw him he said, "There's Jim Presley, Mommy." I think Jim may have him brainwashed!

ashley said...

I love presley's comment about God whispering! To have the faith of a child...
On a totally different note, I hate when my feet smell like sausage and pancakes! Too funny

The Berridges said...

My favorite is Presley's comment. So precious!

Lacy said...

HI Kelly and Jim Bob! This is Lacy, Coby friend from college. I didn't realize you had a blog. I've sort of kept updated through Coby and Jen. You guys have such a beautiful family. I just wanted to say hi. I know it has been a very very loooonnggg time! Hope all is well.

LC

Unknown said...

So sweet! I love the things kids say. I am amazed at how kids never run out of amusement for their parents.