Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 12th--My Luckiest Day

On June 12, 1999 my greatest dream came true. I married the man of my dreams. Ever since I was old enough to think about getting married one day, I had this picture in my head of the "perfect husband." He would have a wonderful sense of humor, he would love to laugh and have fun, he would be handsome, of course, and he would be incredibly romantic. This "perfect man" would rescue me from spiders and tornadoes and he would hold my hand when we were driving in the car. I imagined that this man would love music and would maybe even sing to me sometimes. I pictured a man who loved and respected his family and would be an excellent father. I knew that this "perfect husband" would love the Lord with all his heart and that he would encourage me to grow in God's Word.
As I got older, I began to doubt that this image I had in my head could possibly exist. Even if he did exist, I certainly didn't deserve him. In September of 1997, Jim Bob Archer came into the Love Shop where I worked and asked me on a date. I remember rushing home that very night and calling my mom to tell her to pray, pray, pray. I already knew that this guy was different and I'm pretty sure I told my mom he was "perfect." We were married on June 12, 1999 at 7:00 pm at Second Baptist Church in Levelland. Ten years later, I am still overwhelmed by God's love for me....He gave me Jim Bob.

As if our wedding wasn't enough to make June 12th my favorite day of the year, four years later Jim and I were blessed with our first child. Presley Laine Archer was born at 6:15 pm on June 12, 2003, just 45 minutes shy of the exact time Jim and I were married! She weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz. and I literally felt my heart expand the minute I laid eyes on her. I remember every single detail of that incredible day, and as I think back, a slideshow of memories plays through my mind. Is she really already six years old? Did she really just finish her first year of school? Is that sweet baby girl that I used to dress in ruffles and bows really the same little girl that waltzes through my house picking out her own clothes, getting her own snack, and becoming so independent? Presley is one incredible little girl, if I do say so myself. She is compassionate and is learning that the most important things in life are to "Love God, Love Others." She has such a joy that shines out of those green eyes. I love to watch her dance around the room or hear her sing at the top of her lungs in her bedroom. Her infectious smile draws people to her, and she makes friends so easily. It has been amazing watching her draw closer to God. She has always had such a spiritually mature outlook on life for her age. I learn things from this child every single day. She makes me a better person. I am so blessed to be her mother. Again, what a perfect picture of God's love for me....He gave me my children. June 12, 2003Presley's 1st Birthday/Our 5th AnniversaryTwo Years OldThree Years Old4th Birthday5 Years OldMy Birthday Girl

June 12th....What a glorious day! Happy 10th Anniversary, Jim Bob! Happy 6th Birthday, Sweet Pea!

8 comments:

Kim Jones said...

Awww! Happy Anniversary! We love you guys! Presley is such an amazing girl and I am blessed that she and Ainsley are friends!!

Matt and Rebekah said...

Wow! Now I'm crying. Not that it's any surprise. You're right, Kelli, you are truly blessed with a loving husband and two wonderful kids! I know they are blessed too to have such a supportive wife and loving mom. Thanks for sharing your blessings with us. Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Presley!

Jamie said...

I remember BOTH June 12th days! :) Your wedding was so pretty and special! (I know the remodel completion kept things happy, too!!) When sweet Presley was born, it was such an exciting day! Jim Bob's twin had arrived! (HAHA!!) You are all so very special and blessed! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Unknown said...

Y'all are such a sweet little family! Happy June 12th... I too teared up a little.

btw- we really wanted to go to the class y'all are doing, but would have only got to go to one due to summer hectic plans, if(when) you do it again we want to go.

ashley said...

you are blessed indeed! what a sweet post

cass.mcdonald said...

Happy Belated Luckiest Day! I love reading your posts!

The Barnes Bunch said...

Happy Anniversary and happy birthday to Presley!! What a wonderful day to celebrate so many great things. You have such sweet and special family and you are truly blessed! We love you guys!!

Craig and Jill said...

I remember it all like it was yesterday... I can tell you all, I witnessed his asking (begging) Kelli on a date... It was so sweet, I even remember blushing. The wedding was beautiful..and my how time flies!!! Who knew, 5 years later on the 11th, I'd marry the man of my dreams, too... Congrats guys!!!!!