Friday, January 29, 2010

FINALLY Introducing.....

Our Precious Baby Girl! We went in for an ultrasound a few weeks ago, and finally got to find out that Archer Baby #3 is a girl! I know, I know....a few WEEKS ago, and I am just now getting this beauty's picture on my blog. I tell you what...I am going to have my work cut out for me trying to keep this blog thing going with three kids. I am already having trouble and she isn't even here yet!

The ultrasound was incredible. This was my first ultrasound with Dr. Atkinson, and the ultrasound was much more in depth than the ones I had with Presley and Grayson. For those of you who don't know, Grayson was born with a bicuspid aortic heart valve. It hasn't caused any trouble, and probably won't, but my doctor's wanted to get a closer look at Baby #3's heart. The 4D ultrasound was amazing. Yes, she does look a bit like an alien right now, but we still think she is gorgeous! :) We could see the blood pumping through her heart and her mouth opening and closing. Everything looked perfect! At the last minute, we decided to take Presley and Grayson with us to the appointment. They were so sweet. Right before they told us it was a girl, Grayson said he hoped he would have a baby sister so he could "pertect her from sharks!" I love his imagination!

So, I know....the next question is what will her name be? We have stayed up late many a night and had lots of road trip conversations about this. We keep coming back to the same name that we considered many years ago even before Presley was born, and I think we have finally agreed on a name, a first name, anyways...I think. Her name will be Ayven. The next question is why Ayven?

First of all, way back in the Shepherd Blind Days (Jim's band that played youth events for several years), we met the neatest girl named Aven. She was just one of those girls that Christ just shined through. We would see her every summer and a couple of other times during the year. From the moment we met her and learned more about her character, the name Aven drew us in. Jim has always said that we needed to have another girl so that we could name her "Aven."

Second of all, my grandfather, who passed away when my dad was in high school, was named Aylor. A few months ago, my dad showed me some old newspaper articles about his father. Many people were quoted in the article and each spoke about what an incredible man he was, and I know he had a huge impact on the amazing man that my dad is. Therefore, we have chosen to spell her name with an "Ay" in honor of him.
So there you have it. Ayven. As for a middle name...Jim and I are not exactly on the same page. So, we thought we would have a little fun with this. Cast your vote in the poll to the right and help us choose a middle name for our new addition! And now some pics of our littlest princess.

7 comments:

Fortner Family said...

I love her name! She is beautiful and we are so happy for you guys!

Matt and Rebekah said...

Love, love, love this little girl and her name! The spelling is awesome too. I can't wait to meet her!!!!!

Misti said...

Awe, beautiful name! So exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly I love reading your blog, it always makes me smile :) Congratulations! I think that Ayven is a beautiful name!

Anonymous said...

She is so precious! Another beautiful baby with a great name!!! Can't wait to meet her!

Kim Jones said...

Ayven Lisa Marie-LOL!

Anonymous said...

O WOW!! I am so excited about this! It is so neat, love the spelling! I miss you guys and reading this made me want to cry! I hope all is well with you! Thanks so much for the kind words.

Aven Straw