Saturday, January 9, 2010

Christmas Catch Up

Whew....Christmas came and went so quickly! Here it is the ninth day of January and I am just now posting about out incredible two week break. I am so thankful that Jim and I have jobs that allow us both to take off two weeks in December to just be with our family. We had the absolute best vacation ever. We laughed together, prayed together, baked together, played together, slept in....and just did what we do best...have fun together being a family. We did so much that I can't begin to write about it all, but some highlights from our break include playing in the snow, Presley getting her first "real" Bible and reading the Christmas story for the entire family, the look of pure joy and excitement everytime Grayson pulled the wrapping paper off of a gift, and our baking day in which we made candy and cookies for our neighborhood. (Unfortunately, most of our neighbors were out of town, which forced us to eat WAY MORE sweets than initially intended.) I am so far behind on my postings, but it is not all due to a lack of effort. I am having some MAJOR blog frustration. For some reason, I am not able to drag pictures where I want them or put them in a certain order. Also, a lot of the pictures I download into my post seem to disappear once I add them. Any tips? Can anyone help??? Here are some of the pics I was able to download that didn't disappear.....




Even though I was sad to have to go back to work, I was really looking forward to this week's doctor's appointment and ultrasound. I will post more later, but we did find out that Archer Baby #3 is a GIRL!!! We are so excited. Presley and Grayson are so thrilled that they are going to have a little sister. I plan on posting more details and ultrasound pics tonight.
I hope everyone had a blessed holiday and was able to focus on the love of Christ. As we begin 2010, my desire is that the fun that my family had together wouldn't be overshadowed by work, routine, and to-do lists, but that we would laugh together, pray together, and play together every day of the new year, and that we would celebrate Christ each and every moment of 2010.

2 comments:

ashley said...

woohoo for baby girl Archer! so excited for you guys!

Bonky's Mom said...

Sounds like a fun-filled break! And we are SO thrilled for Baby Girl Archer!

Download livewriter for your blogging...it will make your blogging SO much easier and uploads pics SO much faster...they are easy to move around, you can do some basic photo editing like rotation, cropping, black and white/sepia photos, etc. (it's free, too...just google 'livewriter') ... hope that helps!

Can't wait to hear more about Baby Girl!