Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Corn Maze and More...

This past weekend was such a happy ending to a difficult week. On Friday, we went to the Corn Maze here in Lubbock with some friends from the Heights Fellowship worship band. What a fun way to socialize and hang out! The kids had a blast! Grayson loved the farm animals and the cow train. He insisted that I take his picture with every animal. Presley was Little Miss Independent as she marched through the corn maze ahead of mom and dad. She would get so excited when we would come to one of the question clues! We went on a hay ride and then sat by the campfire and visited. The weather was perfect and it was a much needed night with the family.
On Saturday, Presley had a soccer game. Last Saturday, she told Jim she would give him $20 if she didn't have to go, but this week she didn't complain too much about going, and she actually kicked the ball a time or two--in the right direction! This coming Saturday is our last game with an awards ceremony following. I am so proud of her for sticking it out!
Finally, on Saturday night, I had the amazing privilege of spending some quality time with two of my BFFs from Levelland. Amber, Robyn, and I had a Girls' Night Out at Abuelo's and Art Avenue. I wish I had some pictures of us being crafty, but I was too stressed out over the "colorful" mosaic I was attempting to make to remember that I had my camera with me. Here are a few pics I did take on our wonderful weekend! Only two more days until another weekend will be here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that Presley tried to pay her way out of a game. Kyra used to get paid, by my mom, not to cry at games. Last season instead of $2.00, she told mom each game would be $3.00! Gotta love their minds and the way they work!

Kim Jones said...

Aww. I'm sad we had to miss to Maize!!!

Jennifer-Colley said...

we feel so bad we never made it to one of her games. lets hang out this week. I told Presley I would take her to get her nails done soon!