Sunday, March 1, 2009

Confessions of a Very Blessed Woman

I have a confession to make....I have been doing a lot of senseless complaining lately. Anyone that has had even a brief conversation with me lately would certainly agree. Yes, it has been a very stressful, busy, exhausting week. Yes, I am tired, and with good reason. However, as I was sitting in church this morning, it hit me like a ton of bricks. I am incredibly blessed, no-- way more than incredibly blessed, yet I have been doing a lot more complaining than praising God over the last few weeks. Why is it that small, trivial things can get me so stressed out, cause my frustration levels to sky rocket, and take my mind so far away from positive things? It makes me so mad at myself. Although I have not yet had to face a major tragedy in my life, I have faced trials that scared me and drew me closer to God because I knew that everything that mattered rested in Him, and that He was big enough to handle anything. Shouldn't it be the same way with even the little stuff? I think I know what happens with me....I think I can handle being in control of the "little stuff." Why bother God with something I can handle on my own, right? WRONG! All that "little stuff" adds up, and before I know it, I'm not handling it....I'm stressed out, frustrated, and complaining.
This morning, in church, we were singing The Desert Song. The lyrics during one part say
All of my life,
In every season,
You are still God,
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
It talks about life being in a dry season, a season of weakness, a painful season of trials, and a season of harvest and favor...No matter what season of life I am in....I have a reason to sing and to worship. Yes, even when I am complaining about the senseless itty bitty stressful things in life...My prayer this week is that I would remember this simple idea....That I would not spend the majority of my conversations with people talking about how stressed I am or how I wish certain situations were better than they are, but that I would spend my day with thoughts and words of praise for what God is doing, has done, and will do in my life. I have many, many, many reasons to sing every minute of the day and to worship Him with everything I do. So, with that being said.....I'm off to start my day with Less Complaining...More Praising!!

4 comments:

ashley said...

what a great reminder. thanks for sharing

Kim Jones said...

That song is the best! We all tend to let the little stuff get to us. Take care this week! We'll be praying for ya!

Unknown said...

Well said!

Becky said...

Well put... I need to do the same, less wallowing in self pity and more praising!