Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Wish I Had a Pet Octopus

Strange title, huh? Well, that is one of the things Presley said this morning right after the nurse gave her the "sleepy juice" and right before they put her in a little red wagon and rolled her into surgery. God knew her mommy and daddy needed the comic relief at that moment! Anyway, Presley did great this morning with the dental surgery she had to have. I didn't realize it would be as intrusive as it was, but she handled it all like a champ. I tell you what, my baby is a tough cookie. She has been resting most of the day, but I think she will be able to fully enjoy her last official day of Spring Break tomorrow without too much trouble. Her friends will REALLY think she has shiny teeth when she returns to school on Monday. She even "lost" another tooth today. The anesthesiologist warned us that the breathing tube could dislodge her bottom front tooth which was just hanging by a thread, so we asked the dentist to just take care of it for us. (I really hope we don't get billed for that!) I bet the tooth fairy is extra good to her tonight after all she went through today!

On a side note, Grayson is doing AWESOME with the potty training thing. He hasn't had an accident since Monday, and even started letting us know when he needs to go. Yeah!! I have to admit I was doubtful after I walked into the bathroom on Monday afternoon to find my son wearing the potty seat around his neck....UGH! However, since then I have been pleasantly surprised by his progress. Hopefully, he will continue to do well over the weekend. We are taking it one day at a time. I hope everyone enjoys the next few days of Spring Break!

3 comments:

Kim Jones said...

So glad to hear that Presley's surgery went well! Ainsley will be jealous that Pres has 2 teeth missing. :)

The image of Grayson with a potty seat around his neck is perfect! Ha!

ashley said...

happy news! I was thinking of you guys yesterday and praying things would go well.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that I have witnessed Jim with a potty seat around his neck as well. You know what they say .. the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.

Way to go Grayson!