Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Son the Superhero!

I have become very educated recently on the world of superheroes. Until about three or so months ago I could have probably identified Superman, Batman, and Spiderman in a line up but that would be about as much as I knew about Superheroes, much to my husband's dismay I might add.
However, that was until my son woke up one morning, decided he was going to grow up, and trade his sweet stuffed animals he had slept with since infancy for little figurines wearing capes. Since the day I found out my second child would be a boy, mothers of sons have warned me with a smirk on their face about this day.
Until now, I have snickered in amusement at women tugging on the dirty little hands of little boys wearing cowboy boots with shorts in the mall. I may have even questioned a parent's amount of control of their children as they push their mask wearing sons in the grocery cart at Wal-Mart, explaining to every person they pass that this was all their sweet boy would agree to wear.
Yes, that was until now.
Now I am that mother.
Just this week the whole family went for a walk in our neighborhood with Grayson wearing his Superman suit, his cape, and his favorite green crocodile rain boots to top it all off. I didn't even flinch when passing cars would slow down just to get a good look. So far, we have succeeded in talking Grayson into wearing "real" clothes to school, but the minute we get home he turns into Superman, Spiderman, Batman, Aquaman, or Flash.
Last night he escaped the bathtub before Jim could get his p.j.s (Spiderman p.js, of course) on. He spent the next thirty minutes running around the house stark naked saying he was Flash. At least his costume was appropriate.
Where does he get this stuff? I'm pretty sure Jim or I have never told him who these superheroes are. It's funny how they are just born with this instinct, huh?
Here are some picture of my little superhero!

On our neighborhood stroll, we made our way to Mimi and G-dad's house. Mimi couldn't resist taking a picture of Superman before we continued on our walk.

It's especially fun when Spiderman puts on his very own little concert for us!
His very favorite superhero....Daddy!
Superman celebrated his third birthday with Uncle Coby who turned 29!
This superhero always comes to his sister's rescue! Aren't they sweet?






2 comments:

ashley said...

I love this post! I vividly remember both of my little brothers wearing red cowboy boots, capes, and pumpkins on their heads while they rode stick horses around the house. They both turned out totally normal!

The Barnes Bunch said...

He is so cute!! Aren't boys fun?