Monday, November 17, 2008

My Rock Star Politician

Grayson...my sweet, sweet, boy.....my little rebel without a cause....my snuggle bug....my adventure. G-Jack, as we affectionately call our boy around here, is at such a "funny" age! I use the term "funny" lightly since some would not exactly call it that! For example, last week he asked his G-Dad if there was a baby in G-Dad's tummy. G-Dad did not exactly think that was funny. My mom, however, thought it was wildly funny until Grayson told her in the most innocent way that she was too old to go to the Halloween Carnival with him. On the same note, we think it is hilarious that Grayson has been heard rambling in his carseat about Barack Obama and John McCain. Last night, before he knew we were listening of course, Grayson was saying, "Barack Obabma winned...NO! NO! NO! John McCain winned!" It is pretty adorable when he gets his toy electric guitar and head bangs while making "electric guitar" noises....just like Daddy. (No, I have never seen Jim headbang, but Grayson apparently has!) I just love his BIG personality!
Everyone knows the reputation that comes with a two-year old. I'm certainly not saying that we haven't seen our fair share lately of evidence of the "Terrible Twos." However, I wouldn't trade the sweetness of this age for a year without tantrums. Grayson is so affectionate. He is famous among family and friends for his "night-night sugar and big hugs" that he has to give everyone at least twice before he hits the sack. Those big brown eyes just melt my heart when he looks at me and gives a goofy grin...he sure can charm his way out of trouble with that one! Thank heaven for little boys! I wanted to share some of my favorite pics of Grayson that capture this precious boy of mine.

FYI--That is a lollipop (one of his favorite things) in his mouth...I know it resembles a cigarette!

Walking In His Daddy's Footsteps

6 comments:

Laura said...

he is pretty cute!

Matt and Rebekah said...

Awwww, it's so good to see your sweet boy on your blog. Just kidding. He's so much fun and we're so blessed that McClendon has such a sweet friend like G-Jack.

Kim Jones said...

Awwww. Grayson is so cute and sweet that it makes me want to have a another one (at least for a second)! He is adorable!!!

Chris and Carolee said...

I can't believe how grown up both of your kiddo's are. Time sure does fly.

The Barnes Bunch said...

What a precious little man!! He will always be special to me. It has been so much fun to watch him grow up.

Anonymous said...

Too sweet!!! He was one of Cooper's favorite friends; we miss you all so much! I love the pics and am so happy to see those big brown heart melting eyes.

You have been blessed with two awesome kiddos! Thank you for sharing. Love ya!