Wednesday, December 31, 2008

365

Let me start off by saying we had an absolutely amazing Christmas (6 actually)! It has been so wonderful being off work at the same time as Jim Bob. The four of us have had such sweet, sweet family time. We were truly blessed to get to spend so much time with our extended family as well. I was also excited to catch up with friends I hadn't seen in way too long. Thank you Kori, Amber, Misti, and Robyn for making time for me.
I always get a little sad as the Christmas season comes to an end. We have to wait 365 days to get to do it all again. As I was taking down our Christmas tree this last morning of 2008, I spent a lot of time reflecting and thinking about the past 365 days and the future 365 days. You know, A LOT can happen in a year. I realized just a few things that can happen even as I was putting my Christmas card labels on this year. Being the organized person I am (Ha!), I planned on just using the labels saved on my computer from last year's cards. However, as I printed them out and began looking at them, I realized that I have many friends whose address has changed. Some have moved into their dream homes just across town, some to a new city because of a better job, some to a new state many miles away. I also realized that many families have grown in number due to sweet new babies being born. My heart was also broken as I realized that some families had broken apart within the last year. In the last year I have known people who had babies, people who lost precious loved ones, people who got married, people who got divorced, people who were diagnosed with illness, and people who were healed, just to name a few. As I said, a lot can happen in 365 days.
2008 has been a wonderful, amazing year for our family. We have been so blessed through Jim's new job as a Psychology Instructor at SPC. It has allowed our family to have so much more quality time together, and Jim absolutely loves his job now. This year, we became a part of a new church family at The Heights Fellowship. Jim has done an amazing job as the worship leader, and even though it was hard to "leave" our BHBC family, the wonderful folks at THF have embraced us and welcomed us with such love. My "baby" girl started Kindergarten and Grayson has turned into a non-stop, talking, preschooler. I also became an aunt to the sweetest little miracle, Camren.
What will the next 365 days hold for us, for our family, for our friends? In 365 days, my little girl will be 6 1/2 and my baby boy will almost be 4. I have many friends who will have new little ones for me to love on. My incredible husband and I will celebrate 10 years of blissful marriage. I, personally, can spend too much time playing the guessing game of the future. However, one thing I was reminded of this morning that I know without a shadow of a doubt is that my God is and will be Lord of Lords and King of Kings through each of the 365 days ahead. As Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I pray that you and your family will be blessed in many, many ways in 2009 and that you will know God's love and peace this new year.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Very inspiring!!! I am so glad we were all able to hang out last night!! So glad that we have been blessed with new friends as we start the new year!!! Happy New Year!!!
Laura

Unknown said...

Good Stuff! It was great to meet you too. We will all have to get together again. See ya Sunday!

Kim Jones said...

I love that verse! It is what I held on to this entire Christmas season. Austin even emailed it to me the other day!

We are so glad God sent you to The Heights!

Happy New Year!!!